ARTED NET has an educational project - bringing English drama lessons worldwide.
English workshops are conceived to help students learn English through drama. We aim to empower students, allowing them to discover English literature in a funny way. We want to bring a cultural experience to their school.
Learning English through drama
Facilitators will focus on a range of acting techniques and exercises – characterisation, ensemble work, movement and improvisation depending on the students' level of English language. We can also approach Shakespeare in a simplified English language. It is also possible to create and co-create a performance (or a short scene) with our actors.
Then, one of the following points will be explored, in particular:
FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
- Session duration: 1 hour. We will approach English language through games, songs and children's literature (Beatrix Potter, JK Rowling...).
- speaking: we aim to empower children and to allow them to feel confident when speaking in English (we use simple texts and songs);
- acting: improvisation in English language;
- listening: song, music, cartoons, films;
- mise en situation with all students on a topic chosen with teachers.
FOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Session duration: 90min.
Facilitators will focus on a range of acting techniques and exercises characterization, ensemble work, movement and improvisation depending on the students' level of English language.
Workshops can be organized in connection to a theatre performance (Shakespeare, Dickens, contemporary American literature), provided online for all the students. Educational material is provided free of charge.