ARTED NET has an educational project - bringing English drama lessons worldwide. By combining our international experience with the professionalism of our local-based actors, we created a great method to learn English language through drama.
Receive our educational package free of charge before workshops! The material includes information about authors, our director's notes, games and questionnaires.
Receive various exercises after the workshop. Your students will repeat everything they learned; this process will allow them to deepen their the knowledge about the plays.
If you wish to host our actors in your school to build a theatrical project together (focusing on a play or book you read during the school year) or working on improvisation, oral expression, building up confidence, you can discover our ARTED NET workshops!
In France, our workshops are organized in collaboration with THEATRE DU HERON.
option 1 - build your own workshop
If you wish to work on English literature or American literature discover our 3-STEP WORKSHOPS with VOD* of performances.
option 2 - learning literature through drama
* contact us for more information about each production.
Learning English through drama
1. In order for your students to be really engaged in the process during workshops, we will send you an educational package concerning the production you wish to work on.
2. Facilitators will focus on a range of acting techniques and exercises – characterisation, ensemble work, movement and improvisation depending on the students' level of English language.
Then, one of the following points will be explored, in particular:
- a dramatic text as a literary object to get more insights about the main themes with a focus on the relevance of the play nowadays;
- the theatricality of the text to engage students to use their imagination;
- interactive games and creative exercises to enhance concentration and expression
- the mise en scene: from the text to the stage.
Finally, the students will work on a specific scene in the script (chosen by us or by the teachers).
3. The students who took part in the workshop will receive questions that they can answer and discuss them during the class.
Prices vary according to the number of students. The minimum price is 250 Eur for one session.